Redman Lynch Washington’s Real Estate practice covers all aspects of property purchases and sales, development and leasing, and licensing. To minimise your risk and deliver exceptional results, we provide you with a holistic service across the entire life-cycle of your property projects.
HOW WE HELP
Purchases and sales
We advise you on all legal aspects of property purchases and sales, including:
- conducting vendor or purchaser due diligence
- negotiating, drafting, managing and enforcing transaction documents
- as part of your adviser network, formulating taxation treatment, stamp duty planning and establishment of effective property holding structures and Foreign Investment Review Board requirements
We act on either side (vendor or purchaser) of transactions including development land for immediate development or land-banking, agricultural holdings, re-development of in-fill parcels, commercial buildings and special-use sites.
We assist with all aspects of the delivery of your development including:
- negotiating, drafting, managing and enforcing option deeds, development agreements, joint venture agreements, agreements pursuant to section 173 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Vic), restrictive covenants and uniform contracts of sale
- establishing development-specific design controls and design review boards
- processing the sales of lots, units, apartments or warehouses to the ultimate consumer
We deliver you bespoke legal solutions on residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use developments.
Leasing and licencing
We advise you on all legal aspects of leasing and licensing, including:
- negotiating, drafting, managing and enforcing agreements for lease, leases and licences
- establishing landlord, tenant or centre specific uniform leases and a leasing policy
- processing stream leasing and licensing for clients (including for leasing agents)
We help you to lease or licence a range of premises, including primary production land, industrial sites, office buildings, shopping centres and yet-to-be constructed medical precincts.
OUR TRACK RECORD
- Acting for an ASX listed company on its state-wide acquisition program of agricultural land required for its supply chain and, subsequent, stamp duty objection.
- Acting for a privately held company on staged acquisition and, subsequent, consolidation of strategic sites – post-consolidation, assisting with successful delivery of a multi-lot, mixed use development.
- Assisting a privately held company with creation, implementation, management and enforcement of a stream-leasing and licensing regime for a multi-stage development, which protected the development’s integrity and reduced the company’s administrative burden.